There are a variety of ways to use Macaroni Kid Gig Harbor as your go-to local family resource!
1. Subscribe: Macaroni Kid is a website and an eNewsletter. Our eNewsletter publishes (FREE) every Friday morning and subscribers receive it in their email in-box each week, so they don't have to remember to check our website for new content and updated events.
2.Events: You will find a list of Today's Events at the top of Macaroni Kid Gig Harbor's home page. These events link to our Event page, which is one of our most popular features. It outlines the most comprehensive list of kid and family activities happening in Gig Harbor. Check back often, as we're always adding new activities as we come across them! Look at events on a particular day, or take a glimpse at a week coming up to see how you may want to plan ahead for events.
3. Guides: One of our newer features, the Guides page currently is home to a Preschool Guide, a Birthday Party Guide, and a local Kids Eat Free in Gig Harbor Guide. These are great resources that are always updating and changing, so check back often.
4. Past Articles: If you would like to look back at previously published articles, you can utilize the Search function at the top of the website. You can also search for past articles by searching on the Articles page.
5. Calendars: The "iCalendar" and "Google Calendar" buttons appear below each event listing so you can easily incorporate them into your family's schedule.
6. Business Directory: The Biz Directory is a great resource for local families and includes several local businesses (some even offer specials for Macaroni Kid readers!), as well as a list of local Museums and Cultural Centers, Birthday and Party Ideas, and Local Preschools.
7. Sponsors: Please support our sponsors. They make it possible for us to offer this website and eNewsletter as a FREE community resource. Each local ad is approved and added to the page by me, so I can assure you that they are safe to click through. Of course any transactions between you and the advertiser are the responsibility of the two parties involved and not myself or Macaroni Kid. Visit the sponsors and tell them you saw them on Macaroni Kid!
8. Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest: Like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter where we post changes to event information when they occur, specials from local businesses, giveaway announcements, and parenting inspiration. Follow us on Pinterest, too, for those awesome finds that we know our readers love!
9. Share with Others: Don't keep us to yourself! Please share Macaroni Kid Gig Harbor with your family and friends. Most parents are looking for ideas to keep the kids busy or ways to enjoy family time together. So, forward our email to your friends, post our link on your Facebook page and spread the macaroni love!
101. Submit an Event: Use the "Submit an Event" button that you'll find on the Events page to send us information on an event in our area that you don't yet see in the calendar.
11. Read More: If you click on the "Read More" below any article in the eNewsletter, then the whole article will be visible.
12. Tweens & Teens: Macaroni Kid isn't just for the younger crowd. We search for events going on in the area for all ages. Keep those teens busy too! We also periodically publish articles that pertain to a variety of ages or teens specific that we can share with parents. Check out our Tween/Teen guide.
13. Giveaways: Macaroni Kid Gig Harbor is always trying to bring you great giveaways. Not only are they fun, it's great to get something for free!
14. Become a Sponsor: Advertise with us and reach your targeted audience - more than 1500 local families. We can customize any advertisement package to work with your needs and your budget. Send me an email and I can answer any questions you have and send you a Media Kit or Rate Sheet. Our sponsors are what allow us to provide this incredible free resource for parents.
15. Traveling: If you are away on business, vacation or visiting friends in another city, make use of other Macaroni Kid sites to see what is there is to do. There are a dozen different editions just in Western Washington, and there are more than 700 nationwide. Simply go to macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be in and the drop-down will show all the choices you have.
Questions, comments, just want to say hello or have a fun idea you would like to share?
Your feedback makes us better and we want to continue being the best resource we can be.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.